To the Stage is a remake of an old illustration called Primadonna. Both feature the tragic character Dorothea from the Nox project. I spent a lot of time developing Primadonna and pushing my boundaries. Although in the end there was something disconcerting about this work. The popular vote was for her dress to be red. However, I wanted to make the dress blue.
Primadonna was formerly very dark. In To the Stage we have a bright and almost pastel palette. I also loved working on the dress and its textures a lot more.
This is a Last Chance work. It is available at a discount, but it is not returnable.
Due to differences in paper sizes international equivalents are approximate.
- Bookmark is 1.875 inches wide and 6.5 inches tall, hole for tassel
- Postcard is 5 inches tall and 7 inches wide, roughly B6
- Print is 8.5 inches tall and 11 inches wide, Letter or A4 size
- Poster is 14.5 inches tall and 11.5 inches wide, roughly A3
Paper Type and Shipping
- Printed on photo paper or poster stock
- Shipped inside a flap closure clear bag
- Shipped inside of a rigid mailer
Primadonna’s bookmarks are available until they sell out. This is the red dress that one an original online poll.