Underwater Alice is an upcoming original watercolor painting. I got the idea on my way home from work one night. A drawing was done quickly on my glass desk. However, the results were not very satisfying to me. Feedback from Facebook called it stiff and disproportional. After a few days I made a new drawing which got the AANI Critique seal of approval.
The final illustration will have a cute girl in a bit of a predicament. She will be reaching up from underwater. Bubbles will also be going up.
I feel like I may return to the concept again for another painting at a different angle or perspective.
I actually plan on spending some time and paper practicing techniques. I lack much real experience with watercolor painting. A lot of my knowledge comes from PBS and books. When I took Painting I in school I found myself extremely underwhelmed. I may save my experiences for a later blog post.
The original will be available for sale! The final size and surface are still up for decision. I will also have prints, posters, and more.
- Charms – 1 1/2 inch (3.81 cm) acrylic double sided charms. Clasp or attachment is still up in the air. It will focus on the character.
- Stickers – 2 inch (5.08 cm) vinyl stickers. I may try to find some that also have a holographic laminate. It will zoom in to focus on the character.
- Bookmarks – Approximately 1 1/2 by 7 inch (3.81 by 17.78 cm) heavy card stock. They are then laminated and trimmed. A hole is punched into the top of each one for your own string or tassel.
- Postcards – A small 5 by 7 inch (12.7 by 17.78 cm) print on light card or art stock. I may or may not include holographic finish.
- Prints – A letter size print on light art or card stock. 8.5 by 11 inches (21.59 by 27.94 cm) in size.
- Poster – A larger print that will be either 12 by 18 or 13 by 19 inches (30.48-33.02 by 45.72-48.26 cm). It will be on light card or art stock.
- Big Poster – An amazing 18 by 24 inch (45.72 by 60.96 cm) oversize poster. This one will only be on a made to order basis. It may be on light art or card stock or plastic paper.
Materials, sizes, prices, and other details for Underwater Alice are subject to change or removal. I will refund orders that may contain any cancelled items.